We provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for the full gamete of ear, nose and throat disorders for adults and children. A comprehensive list of all of the disorders would be too long so a list of the more common disorders we evaluate and treat is below. If you have any questions about a particular disorder, please call.
Diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders including:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Acute and chronic serous otitis media
- Acute and chronic suppurative otitis media
- Acute and chronic external ear infections
- Autoimmune hearing loss
- Cerumen impaction
- Cholesteatoma surgery
- Cochlear implants
- Conductive hearing loss
- Congenital and acquired hearing loss
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Glomus tumors
- Skull base lesions
- Sudden hearing loss
Diagnosis and treatment of balance disorders including:
- Acute vestibular neuritis
- Benign paroxysmal & positional vertigo
- Chronic imbalance
- Disequilibrium of aging
- Gentamicin middle ear injections
- Meniere's Disease
- Surgery for balance disorders
Diagnosis and treatment of nasal and sinus disorders including:
- Acute and chronic rhinitis
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Allergic rhinitis
- Deviated nasal septum
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Nasal obstruction
- Sleep apnea and snoring
- Turbinate reduction
Diagnosis and treatment of mouth and neck disorders including:
- Acute and chronic tonsillitis & adenoiditis
- Cancer of the head and neck
- Congenital cysts of the head and neck
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Gastro-esophageal reflux
- Hoarseness and voice disorders
- Laryngeal reflux
- Neck masses
- Oral lesions and ulcerations
- Palatal implants
- Salivary gland disorders and stones
- Tonsil and adenoid hypertrophy
- Thyroid disease
Diagnosis and treatment of other disorders and the head and neck including:
- Facial pain
- Petrous apex lesions
- Pituitary lesions
- Skull base tumors
Comprehensive Audiological Evaluations for patients of all ages ranging from newborn to geriatric.
Our comprehensive audiological evaluations for adults include:
- Basic Audiologic Battery - The audiologist evaluates your hearing by detecting the softest level of sound audible at different pitches and for speech. This establishes the degree and nature of any hearing loss.
- Acoustic Immittance Testing - This encompasses Tympanometry and Acoustic Reflex assessment. Tympanometry evaluates the status of the eardrum and middle ear structures. Acoustic reflexes offer a way to screen for retrocochlear problems. These are objective measures that require no input from the patient.
- Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emissions (DPOAE) testing - This test evaluates the function of the outer hair cells in the cochlea. This is an objective measure that requires no input from the patient.
The comprehensive audiological evaluation for pediatric patients differs based on the child's age. Often, two audiologists work together using one or more of the following procedures to determine the level of hearing for different tonal pitches and for speech.
- Tympanometry assesses the status of the eardrum and middle ear structures without input from the child.
- Distortion Product Otoacoustic emissions allow the audiologist to assess the outer hair cell function of the cochlea without a response from the patient.
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry is used for 0-6 month old infants. Hearing levels are determined based on the child's reaction to various sounds. For instance, infants often raise their eyebrows when they hear a sound.
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry is used for 6 month' 2 year olds. This method uses mechanical toys to reinforce the child turning toward a heard sound.
- Play Audiometry is used for children 3-5 years old. Hearing levels are determined based on the child's play with toys like blocks and puzzles.